Thursday, February 6, 2014

Aria's First Time in the Snow!!

Tuesday into Wednesday we got a pretty decent snow storm and when we woke up Wednesday I just wanted to go outside!  I had to go out anyways to shovel off the deck, we could barely open the door, and then shovel a path and a spot in the yard so that the dog could go out to do his business.

Mike told me not to worry about doing out front, that he would do it.  Thank heavens because that snow was good packing snow with ice on top of it and it was heavy!  
I decided that while he went out to shovel I would take Aria out for a little bit.  She has never played in the snow before and I've really been wanting to let her but since we don't have snowpants for her I've never wanted to let her go out.  We still don't have snowpants for her because I have tried finding a cheap pair and can't find any!  I don't want to spend much on a pair when she won't even be able to wear them much and next year she won't fit.  Maybe I'll get a pair when they go on clearance for her to have for next year!

Anyhow, I decided she didn't need snow pants.  I could just put a few layers on her and then the heavy winter coat that has been sitting in her room (aka, our storage room for the time being).  My cousin had given it to me but it's too bulky for her to really wear because winter coats and carseats don't go together! We have mittens for her and a hat of course (Although, she won't wear her own she has to wear daddys!)

I put three layers on her bottom.. a pair of leggings, tucked into her boots.  A pair of sweatpants and then a pair of jeans over top of the other two layers.  I put a thick long sleeve shirt on her and then her big heavy winter coat and out we went to play in the snow.

I wasn't sure how she was going to like it.  At first she just stood there.  The neighbor was out with his snowblower and she was obssesed!  She kept staring, pointing and saying "wow" and "what's that?"  so cute!

Eventually she started walking around and touching the snow, even trying to eat it a few times.

SHE LOVED IT!

When her little nose started to get red I decided it was time to come in but girlfriend wasn't having it and cried.

I of course took picture to document this first time experience.

 "What's that"  & "Wow" over the snow blower.
 tasting the snow.
 playing & watching the neighbor
 watching the neighbor.
 her first snowball, haha.
look at that smile!  she loved it!



I only wish we had a sled that I could have pulled her around on but I guess that'll be an experience for next year!


Playing outside with her just made me so much more excited for spring and summer!  She is going to be an absolute blast this year!  She is at such a fun age.  She will love going to the park and just playing outside!  

No comments:

Post a Comment