Monday, February 3, 2014

Wedding Inspiration

In this day and age brides are SO LUCKY!  Why?  Because we have Pinterest, of course!

I thought it would be fun to share some of my wedding inspiration in a post, so that is exactly what I'm doing!

I'll start by saying that the colors of our wedding are going to be coral & navy blue with pearls tied into it all.


BOUQUETS

 I love how the pearls are tied into this bouquet.  I definitely want to do the same with ours.
 In this bouquet I like how there are two more little flowers in the center of the main flower.  I'm not sure if we'll do this or not but it's a possibility.  And then of course the center would be a pearl rather than a rhinestone.
I like this idea for my bouquet.  I'm thinking I could possibly add some paper flowers in with it but also may just look fine having me with a bouquet like this and my girls with the paper flower bouquets.  Pearls will somehow be added into the bouquets that my girls carry as well.


Centerpieces

 This is for sure going to be one of our centerpieces.  I love everything about it.  The vases will probably be a bit different but I love the sugar & the pearls.
A second possibility is this.  I'm not sure how much I want to incorporate flowers in the whole thing or even how many flowers we are going to want to make since the ONLY flowers will be paper flowers.  However, I think a bouquet of paper flowers in a vase filled with pearls could be really pretty.
Last thing I'm thinking is something similar to those candle jars.  

I'm thinking the flower vase will be in the center of each table with the other two alternating on each side.  However to keep costs down I may not go with all three of these.

For the doorways & maybe at each end of the wedding party table (& if there is anywhere else I can add them in) I really like these.  I'd add white lights to them, hang pearls off of the branches & also try and add pearls at the bottom because I'm not loving the moss.



ATTIRE
Bowtie & Suspenders for my little ring bearer?  I think so. 

 A tutu dress for my flower girl (my daughter, Aria).  I'm thinking the leotard part will be coral, the tutu part will be white and long since it's a March wedding.  Then we'll add a navy bow at the waist.  She will also be wearing a chunky bead necklace & bracelet that looks like pearls.



This is the look I want for the guys.  I love that it's not as formal as black tuxes.  I also really like just the vests with no jacket.

I want my girls to be in alternating colors-- navy blue, coral, navy blue, coral.  I will probably let my maid of honor decide what color she is in and then it'll go from there.

CAKE

 I love this stand and think it would be super easy to make.
 Then for the actual cake, I don't want fondant but I definitely want to incorporate pearls so I'm thinking this or edible pearls like on the one below.

Then for the topper we will get a letter "S" with pearls like this one!


EXTRAS

 A wooden "S" for our guest book so that we can hang it and see it all the time rather than store a stupid book away to never look at again.  Obvs it won't be gold.

Instead of gold glitter, I'm going to do blue.  This will be my something blue!


So there it is.  My wedding inspiration.  Obviously there is SO much more to wedding planning but these are the basic ideas I have and we will go from there!  I am so excited.  

I know this was a lengthy post but I hope it was enjoyable!  I just love talking wedding so this was so much fun!

Until next time!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment